I have always enjoyed teaching children having done so since the first church Norm pastored over 20 years ago. I believe that we are called to teach our children as Deuteronomy 11:19 says, "You shall teach them [laws] to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." Even though that verse is referring to parents, the church should come along side the parents in teaching the word of God to children. I take that calling very seriously. That is why we have a good Bible-based curriculum to teach the children. We also challenge the kids to memorize scripture. And we do all of this while still understanding that they are children and have some fun.
Get to know me...
- Favorite Verse: Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."
- Favorite Bible Person: David
- Favorite Hobby: Woodworking, sewing and gardening.
- Favorite Movie: Why watch movies when you can work on a project?
- Favorite Book: Any book where I am reading to learn something of interest to me.
- Favorite Possession: My tools.